Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Montgomery? Generally, you should consider three significant sectors of your residence for camera installations: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer will be able to recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Door
Although it may seem crazy that a criminal would try to simply stroll through the front door, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to handle these types of concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you have the ability to converse with any visitors who walk up and press the button. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can answer all engagements with two-way communications and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone begins doing something questionable, you can have your camera record a clip and transmit it to your cell phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of suggestions to help ensure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Montgomery residence offer a large viewing angle, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or into a bit of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for cameras as they will be partly concealed by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for invaders than you may know!
- Overlooking a deck or rear door -- or any entrance not in clear view from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always trim away any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Suggestions For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Cameras
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Montgomery. That same adaptability does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light that enters via a window might cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Just like a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to mess with them. You could try mounting or a different method to secure them to be certain they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best security camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to hide your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (334) 219-7426 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.