How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Montgomery
Home security cameras can simply be placed as a deterrent—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are outfitted with an array of features all built to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools empower you to get the most from security cameras in Montgomery.
How To Set Up Your Montgomery Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing the components in the right spots within your living space. Interior security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas like the living room or den. It’s also a good move to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your home that aren’t quite as vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity may impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in getting the all you can from home security cameras in Montgomery. The additions listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your phone whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also program cameras to start recording when motions are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone with the camera. Via your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more comprehensive view of any space. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture video of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to protect specific areas within your house.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Montgomery is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (334) 219-7426 or submit the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.