How Will Geofencing In Montgomery Enhance A Home Security System?
The latest smart security options are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to perform easy security chores like arming your home security, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Montgomery, you can simply leave the driveway and make your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Montgomery For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you may set up in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to interact with each other. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries on all sides of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your premises, you can instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are a handful of the components you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Montgomery. With the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Direct various lights to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the connected fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in concert with each other. Have your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Montgomery
Whether you desire extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (334) 219-7426 or submit the form below to get started on your ideal security system.