Here is what our team is doing to keep our clients and team members safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Montgomery
September 23, 2021

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Montgomery?

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Montgomery?

When setting up your child’s first room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, painted the space a delicate, lighter hue, and established the greatest diaper changing space ever. Now it's time to determine how you intend to keep an eye on your newborn. You might go with the standard monitoring choice that lets you listen in through an integrated speaker, or you might go high-tech and use HD video, two-way talk, and initialization through motion sensing.

The high-tech version may make you think of cameras found in a complete home protection plan, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Montgomery? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Montgomery?

In years past, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You place a microphone-type device in close proximity to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, some monitors now include high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You can even hook some monitors to your wireless network so you may roam throughout your home. The leading baby monitors in Montgomery are so sophisticated that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both features and cost.

Would you swap out a baby monitor for an integrated surveillance system?

Due to the fact that baby monitors and home defense cameras share similar capabilities, you will find numerous residents in Montgomery integrating their child’s bedroom to their comprehensive home security package. So it makes sense -- specifically when using to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:

Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.

Two-way talk: Sometimes, you don't need to go to the nursery to quiet your newborn back to a restful state. Your reassuring words may be all you need to keep your little one peaceful and resting.

Sensors and alerts: Even though it’s possible to have your surveillance system function around the clock to carefully watch your newborn, your own alertness could start to lag. But if your video surveillance identifies unusual activity, you can configure it to deliver a message on your phone. Perfect when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb out of the crib or if a pet noses into the space.

Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors do not capture video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to transmit a 20-second clip to grandparents to show them what a peaceful, precious baby you have.

Smartphone access: Instead of having to lug monitoring equipment wherever you go, you may now watch from a simple smartphone app. You could even touch base with your tot and babysitter when you go for a date night.

Your security camera baby monitor is part of your integrated smart home plan

The nice thing about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Montgomery is that it will work in unison with your additional smart home components. For instance, if you see that your baby is struggling to sleep, you have the ability to adjust your integrated thermostat from the security app to increase the room’s comfort. Additionally, when they rouse for a 2 a.m. bottle, you might slowly illuminate the nursery’s smart lighting to indicate that you're on your way. In the event you have multiple babies in different rooms, you can give each one a security camera and monitor the feeds in the same smartphone app.

An indoor security camera in Montgomery is a key component of your home’s complete security and automation package

Whether you would like a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your residential protection, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint specialist will guide you through all the possibilities and work hard to configure the right security plan for your property. Place a call to (334) 219-7426 or submit the following form.